Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Beware of the Doghouse - Great Online Advertising

I see this as the future of really effective online advertising. Creating spots that can work on their own, even if people aren't aware that it's an advertisement.

Watch the following video and see at what time in the video you realized it was an ad. It probably could have been branded a little more effectively at the end of the ad, but overall I think they did a fantastic job.

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/videoPage.aspx

I think I realized it at about the 4:10 mark.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Are you sure about this? Here is the thing, I ran across this ad a few weeks ago on youtube, and I didn't even make the connection that it was an ad...

But then maybe that only goes to show that it was more effective - since I didn't realize it? But if that is true, then me not realizing it certainly didn't result in me buying jewelry for my wife...

Graydon Stoner said...

Touché