Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Apple's Give Up on Windows Vista Ads

As a Mac user the majority of the time you can take this post for what it's worth (although up until about 2 years ago I used Windows exclusively).

I love seeing clever advertising anywhere. The blogosphere is inundated with examples of creative advertising in the real world, but on the web advertising is usually relegated to poorly designed static or flash banner advertisements. Most are bad. Some are horrible. So when you see something clever you can't help but want to share it.

Visit c|net.com's Windows Vista page and you'll see one of the more clever uses of banner ads I think I've seen. A horizontal and skyscraper ad work in conjunction to poke fun at Vista using Apple's Mac/PC adds that have been all over TV the past few months.



I'd love to find out what Apple had to do to get c|net to agree to this. Even if you love Vista, I think you'd have to agree this is one of the best uses of banners anywhere on the interweb.


No comments: