Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sometimes I'm a Design Nerd

Being a pretty big computer nerd (or geek) sometimes spills over into other areas. One in particular is design. I really enjoy browsing great design, reading about fonts, and seeing what other people use as inspiration.

While my own designs are not always necessary that inspiring, I love trying new things and seeing what inspires others.

I just came across this post about PF Centro Pro winning the 2008 European Design Award's Font of the Year Award. I'm amazed that they have developed serif, san serif, and slab fonts for this entire family. It's a really nicely designed font. Good legibility. Great design.

The blog post below, however, is bound to stir up some controversy. Maybe PF Centro Pro shouldn't have been picked number one.

Font of the Year - PF Centro Pro

No comments: