Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Love CakePHP

I'd heard a lot about CakePHP and how much it can help speed up development. But for some reason I kept resisting trying it out. Call me old school, but I still would rather code with a normal text editor than the majority of software out there.


Not being really well versed with the whole Model/View/Controller concept, I took a bit of time trying to get the hang of how everything is put together.

But once I got that under my belt, programming has been a breeze. Two days to create a good content management system is a new record for me. In fact, the entire APX Insider was developed using CakePHP.

Soon I'll post some components I made for uploading and resizing images since I didn't really feel like anything I could find out there was all that simple to implement.

No comments: