Monday, September 24, 2007

Leveraging useful resources

I have a tendency to always want to create everything myself, not relying on any other potentially useful code or classes. It's a little easier to reuse code in PHP, but in Flash I normally feel I'd be better off creating (or recreating) something myself.

We have a project we're currently working on that required a Flash movie to preload a number of FLV files since users would be required to disconnect their internet connection at some point during the process. I began searching for some example code similar to my needs so that, once again, I could reinvent the wheel.

However, I stumbled upon a fantastic class from Jack Doyle at Greensock.com. It was easy to implement, and exactly met the needs of the project. You can use it to preload any assets (flv, swf, jpg) for use later.

Well played, Jack. Well played.

Flash Preload Asset Class: http://blog.greensock.com/preloadassetmanageras2/

No comments: